DiCE townhall: Differentiated integration and migration
The Centre of International Relations at the University of Ljubljana and TEPSA hosts the first DiCE Townhall Meeting on 'Differentiated Integration and Migration: the perception of reality and policy' on 25 May 2021.
The event will focus on the conceptualisation of Differentiated Integration (i.e. a process of integration in which the Member States opt to move forward at different speeds) and its practical implementation within the EU Migration Policy. Participants will be welcome to exchange views with representatives from think tanks, EU institutions and civil society on the EU's role in this policy area and on whether or not differentiated integration is a viable solution to tackle the migration challenge.
- Ana Kristovič, Member of the Governing Board and Project Leader, ADRA Slovenija,
- Michael Shotter, Director responsible for Migration, Protection and Visa in European Commission’s DG HOME,
- Dr. Funda Tekin, Director of the Institut für Europäische Politik, a TEPSA Board Member, and a member of the team of researchers involved in the ‘DiCE – Differentiation: Clustering Excellence’ project,
- Anita Tušar, Public relations officer at the European Parliament Liaison Office in Slovenia,
- Boštjan Videmšek, award-winning freelance journalist, author of several books, and the European Climate Pact Ambassador.
The discussion (in English) will be moderated by prof. dr. Zlatko Šabič from Centre of International Relations.
The Centre of International Relations, University of Ljubljana